[pct-l] No-see-ums on PCT?

Brett blisterfree at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 10 17:08:55 CST 2007

It sounds like you're referring to gnats there (or black flies?).
No-see-ums, of the sort screened out by no-see-um netting, are extremely
small and generally attack by stealth.

I've never encountered no-see-ums anywhere along the PCT. Even on the AT
they're of fairly limited concern, typically in late summer on warm
humid nights in grassy fields and other open areas.

- blisterfree