[pct-l] Slippers and Shaved Legs - Trail Safety Alert

Thatcher Koch ironlegs at pacbell.net
Mon Dec 10 17:04:39 CST 2007

o-o-o-o- switchback! skintight polyester, fab-u-lous colors, and pink slippers!

Greg Kesselring <gkesselr at whidbey.com> wrote:        I recommend you take up bicycling.  That will give you the excuse you need to keep those sexy legs shaved indefinitely.  Plus, bicycling is great for knee rehab.

 Hiker97 at aol.com wrote:                vjl_47 at yahoo.com writes: The bunny ones or monkey?!!
   Switchback replies: IF I wore pink slippers in camp on the trail, I would have the bunny ones and Unsupported Reinhold would have the monkey ones.  Just my educated guess.

   Say, I noticed something about the double knee operation on Friday.  After you put on your dressing gown, a nurse comes in to shave your legs.  I have never had my legs shaved before.  I do get a monthly pedicure with a foot peach flavor hot wax treatment --- highly recommended.  But this leg shaving is new to me.

   I did not know how sexy my legs are shaved.  Now I can better relate to the female backpackers and some of their refined grooming habits.  I am not saying that I am going to start leg shaving and wearing nylons on the trail, but I can see how it would cause them to get excited and not concentrate on their hiking duties.

   So, for trail safety. the general good, and not creating chaos, I will not shave my legs or wear nylons for the 2008 hiking season and campaign.

   I thank you for your attention for this trail safety alert and public service announcement.

   Switchback the Trail Scalawag