[pct-l] Switchback's Operation Results Announcement

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Sat Dec 8 03:31:28 CST 2007

_Tortoise73 at charter.net_ (mailto:Tortoise73 at charter.net)  writes:  Glad  you
are doing better.  How soon do you again hoist the
Jolly  Roger?
Switchback writes: Strangely, I have taken drugs (pain pills) after  the
operation --- yet.  I feel fine and walk around the house and go up and  down the
stairs.  Since they did both knees today, I have not noticed any  issues with
either one.  I have to wear a leg wrap on each leg for a while  --- anti blood
clot procedures.  No blood leakage around the knees  either.  They did give
me crutches to use, but I do not feel I need  them.  I just blast around the
house normally, but better.  I don't know, may be the worst is yet to come, but
so far everything is  cool.  I am taking it easy and really not overdoing it.

I think I will start hiking down at the park next week and with a pack in
two weeks.  Then I can start getting ready for the 2008 campaign.   Some folks
want me to go back to the Grand Canyon and hike in February.   And Can'tQuit
wants me to do some PCT section hiking with her too - Pieces might  be on part
of this expedition too.  Also, I want to go back to Mt.  Whitney and do some
Section A hiking around the April Kickoff.   So, the 2008 hiking calendar is
rapidly filling up already and it is not even  2008.  I will just have to see how
things works out.

Cheers, Switchback the Trail Rascal