[pct-l] Two hikers dead in avalance near Snoqualmie Pass

g l gailpl2003 at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 5 22:10:02 CST 2007

I know you're hearing from a bazillion people, but allow me a few lines to say how relieved I am that all of you faired so well.  You kept your wits about you and you should be very proud.  What a grand testimony to "team effort".  Thank you for documenting your ordeal for all to read and learn from.

I had one minor thought.  I have just started reading, "Mountaineering:  Freedom of the Hills" and I remember reading that if you need snow shoes in an emergency, you can cut boughs off an evergreen tree and lash them to the bottom of your boots, with the cut portion toward the toe of the boot.  This might have helped in some slight way.  Now after reading your account, I think I'll hang on every word in the book and try to memorize it for emergency situations!

So glad you're home safely!
Beyond this, there be dragon toes!!!

Wheeew

cvano at tmail.com wrote: Yes!