[pct-l] Moronic Hiking Disorders

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Sun Dec 2 01:33:00 CST 2007

Gregg, you are right....my sanity has been questioned on more than one
occasion.

Like Brian once told me....''Reinhold, some folks don't understand us,
they just don't understand the crazy things we do....but we  crazy ones,
we understand each other.''

Unless you are one of the crazy ones you are not capable of
understanding what we crazy, abnormal ones are capable of doing on a
moon-lit summer night.
When you hear wolf-like howling and blood-curdling screams you will know
the crazy, abnormal ones are out prowling the trails tonight, so keep
your tents zipped  and your women close by your side, for we crazy,
abnormal ones are  not far out of sight.
Mercy we show none and you, my  friend, may be the next one.

The above abnormal behavior is probably the result of to many nights at
high altitude resulting in oxygen deprivation of the brain which gives
rise to a condition known in medical circles as  ''Moronic Disorder.''
Frequently associated with long distance hiking......can be fatal if
left untreated.
Seek medical treatment immediately.

Only known cure,...complete abstention from hiking.

JMT Reinhold
Dr. of Moronic Disorders