[pct-l] RE.TRAIL MAINTENANCE

jeff.singewald at comcast.net jeff.singewald at comcast.net
Fri Aug 31 12:09:59 CDT 2007

Yes, there are many opportunities for volunteering for maintenance activiites.  This would be an interesting subject for a poll here on the list; how many PCT thru-hikers and/or section hikers have taken the opportunity to give back and volunteer for a trail maintenance gig.  I realize it would be difficult for some as not everyone lives here on the west coast, but that isn't necessarily a reason that would stop all of us.

For me, this is something I have not yet taken the time to do.  Sure, I have made donations and have been a member of the PCTA for a number of years, but I haven't got off my butt to volunteer for one of the numerous trail maintenance gigs that are scheduled every year.

I know I was so grateful for the trail maintainence crews I met along the trail last year.  So, I guess I should make this a priority this next year.

Elevator

From: Tortoise <Tortoise73 at charter.net>