[pct-l] Graffiti on signs since MacKenzie Pass & Boy Scouts Gone Bad

Dcsmith36 at aol.com Dcsmith36 at aol.com
Sun Aug 19 21:38:49 CDT 2007

Just hiked part of the section between White & Chinook  Passes this weekend
(cold, wet & miserable btw, but no bugs - they all  froze).  My son and I were
stunned to see fresh BLAZES on the trees every  thirty feet or so.  It might
be a coincidence, but I found a Boy Scout  patch shed beside the trail near the
fresh chop marks.

Frankly, it's been years since I saw a fresh blaze & I  thought people (even
Boy Scouts) had more sense than that these days. We were  flabbergasted, but
suspect that who ever did it thought they were doing us all a  favor, some how.

Daniel

Beernuts