[pct-l] JMT Fever

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Tue Aug 14 22:20:30 CDT 2007

IMHO, probably a very good time (I won't say best) is to start Labor Day
weekend for a week or two. Crowds are gone, mosquitoes are almost gone,
weather is cooler, but too early for much chance of significant rain. I
used to start my annual backpack on Labor Day weekend.  Drive to
starting point Saturday, hike in on Sunday and often camp close to lots
of other campers on their way out, then Monday head on down the trail
almost by my lonesome.

Hike on!

Tortoise

<> He who finishes last, wins! <>