[pct-l] JMT Fever

Deems losthiker at sisqtel.net
Tue Aug 14 19:17:56 CDT 2007

This is a call to all of Reinhold's friends and fans to support him on his
walk through of the JMT this summer. You would help carry his gear, buy him
a burger at Reds Mdw, listen to his incredible stories, and hike and camp
with a true legend in the Sierra.  This is a good year for him to enjoy the
Sierra on his terms and at a pace worthy of the scenery.  I would be
surprised if this dream hike can't be realized for Reinhold.  Living and
hiking with him on the JMT through the generousity of your friends would be
an honor and privilege.
~~~^^^~~^~^~^~
Rats,
This JMT Fever is driving me wild.
I first caught it in the summer of 1996, while hiking the JMT, and have been
coming down with it every summer since.
The only known relief is to hike it.............the problem, my surgically
reconstructed shoulder tells me it's not ready yet.
Maybe I do what the kid was planning on doing......live off the
land......that is right.....no pack.....no food.
I will not kill any game.....it's illegal.....I will just gather nuts &
berries and graze in the meadows.
Do I need a grazing and gathering permit???

JMT Reinhold