[pct-l] JMT-PCT Land Speed Record

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Thu Aug 2 10:47:43 CDT 2007

Unsupported Reinhold writes: Unlike Switchback who pays $120 for designer shirts,
$95 for fashion trend hiking shorts and who knows how much for his silk underwear,
I get the finest garments available at Good Will, usually $.50 - $1 per item for my
snappy hiking wardrobe..... Maybe  SWITCHBACK  CAN  BRING  IT  BACK  NEXT  YEAR
to the pct-l family where it rightfully belongs.
Switchback the Jedi Knight of the Trail writes: Yes, I am a trail dandy.  Only the
finest pillows, down, and gear.  Say, I understand Yogi is pulling 30's out on her
thru hike and is in Oregon now.  She says that it is a lot different to pull 30's
than to pull 25's.  Of course, I can relate to that and that says me all over it.
Just to be careful, I am going to take 4 days to go from Whitney Portal to the top
(11 miles)in a few weeks.  I don't want to show off or break any records Unsupported
might have.

I thank you for your attention.  Switchback, Mt. Whitney Expedition Member