[pct-l] wordwrap problem viewing list messages: a nice solution!--revised

Ryan Brooks ryan at hack.net
Sun Apr 22 12:23:25 CDT 2007

Joseph's CSS script does work, but here's some more info:
> Since the problem is one of viewers/browsers, and it seems to me that IE and

The list can be configured to only accept plain-text emails.   I tried
this a number of years ago and unfortunately it eliminated about 50% of
the posts.    My best advice, and what is considered proper netiquette*
on mailing lists in general, is to only send plain text.  No pretty
fonts, or fancy signatures please.   Check your email documentation or
help file for "plain-text"**... you'll want to select this instead of
rich-text or HTML.

Another thing that may help digest users is to set your mailman options
to plain-text.   Go to mailman.backcountry.net/mailman/listinfo/pct-l,
login in at the bottom (just your email here) and set Plain-text digests.

Let's do follow-ups in private email, as this thread has been using a
lot of the list bandwidth lately.

-Ryan

*- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netiquette#Usenet_etiquette is probably
most applicable here.