[pct-l] Campo-Warner Springs Shuttle Drivers?

Steve Whisenand swkt1 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 21 20:11:31 CDT 2007

Hello,
My wife will hike the first stretch of my hike with me, so we were wondering if anyone knows of anyone who can shuttle our car from Campo to Warner Springs. We are planning to be on the trail May 13th or 14th. We are willing to pay a reasonable price for the service.
This brings to mind a second question: we are stuck with the mid May start due to work, and I only have 3 months to hike, and it looks like it's going to be a very dry year in Southern California. Should we start a little further north and maybe find a little more water? I could at least get ahead of the swarm and find more caches. Is that ethical? I know you can't depend on caches, but so far it does look dismal for natural souces, at least  on the water report. It is comforting to think there will be some backup water ahead of the pack. I'm planning to have 8 liters capacity, but you never know.