[pct-l] Self-Arrest

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Fri Apr 20 02:18:46 CDT 2007

_reinholdmetzger at cox.net_ (mailto:reinholdmetzger at cox.net)   writes: Ski &
hiking poles are not build for sturdiness....they bend and  break all the time.
Would you trust your life on that?.....they might be OK for  none life
threatening self arrest on gentle slopes.
I wonder why a big company like Black Diamond would leave  itself open to law
suits for their Wippet self-arrest device?  It seems to  me companies do not
put products like this without having done some testing for  their advertising
claims.  It is just too dangerous for them to be out in  left field with
their products.  But who knows.  May be they have lots  of lawyers working for
them.

Switchback the Arrester