[pct-l] Major PCT Bridge IS Wiped Out Near Glacier Peak /Stehekin Area

Andrea Dinsmore zaqueltooocool at gmail.com
Mon Apr 16 12:49:32 CDT 2007

Received this from Mad Monty this morning................

Bridge is now  gone and folks are working on plans to have it repaired
before the hikers hit in Sept. If it is " Not" fixed, my route of choice
would be for hikers to drop east from Cloudy Pass and down last Lyman Lake,
and down Railroad Creek to Holden Village. Have Dinner with the best bread
in the world and hike downhill to Lucerne 11 miles away on the shore of lake
Chelan, then have the " Lady Of The Lake" haul you across the lake to Prince
Creek trail head which is the start of the Lake Shore Trail and hike 17
miles to Stehekin, then just keep hiking from there. Temp bridge may to up
by Sept. ,but any South Bounds will be out of luck. Attached is clipping
from newspaper. Mad Monte  You folks might spread the work.

I will try and keep up with trail problems up here between Skykomish and
Manning Park.

Hike safe..........

Andrea
PCT MOM