[pct-l] Candy for the Heat

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Sat Apr 14 02:53:16 CDT 2007

Don't forget about M&M candies  out there in the heat.  That hard candy shell
is great for keeping candy  from melting all over the place.  This year might
be a good year to  thinking about how gear and foods will stand up in the
heat.  I like a few  of the almond and peanut covered types in GORP with salted
items.

It might be smart to have a ZipLock  bag to put your messy melted trash in as
you go along the trail.  I have  some energy bars (Detour Low Sugar bars)
that are covered in chocolate, so they  might get a little messy in the heat.  I
have to be ready for that on the  trail.

Some precautions about food and heat can really keep things a lot more neat
and clean.

Switchback the Melted  Hiker