[pct-l] Hiker weather at town stops

arm chair armchairhiker at gmail.com
Fri Apr 13 19:32:39 CDT 2007

That's a great site.

Postholer get's you to that site also, as Jim points out.
-----------------
Go to <http://postholer.com/cgi-bin/postHoler?trail=PCT> ...

The right half of the page is the bar graph showing snow water content...

Click on the "%" for the corresponding snow survey location...

New page opens with weather forecast for that area from NOAA...
>From "Casa Vieja Mdws" on North there are sufficient points to easily get
weather forecasts for further up the trail...

All you have to 'worry' about is SoCal weather...  If all else fails, look
up once in a while...   ;-)

Hope that helps.  Happy trails!!!
Jim
------------

I think that a list of towns on a page with the link set to the above page
would serve this year's hikers very well. I'm thinking that time is very
limited at public computers - so a town list that would shoot them to the
proper weather site would save precious minutes. They have to journal,
answer email, check weather and much more on a public library computer that
might have a strict time limit.

It's probably already out there or can be done in a few minutes by someone.
I don't know if the 2007 class knows of this quick weather info.

I just think it would help everyone on the PCT this dry year.

Also, as Switchback says, know the phase of the moon for night hiking incase
it's too hot in the day time.

Havin' fun,
- armchair