[pct-l] ice axe date

Pea Hicks phix at optigan.com
Fri Apr 13 17:37:17 CDT 2007

Alex Rigney wrote:
> Sorry, I neglected to mention in my question that I base this question
> on an average june 15thish entry to KM.  Thanks

i'm no expert, but from what i've seen, i highly doubt you'll need an
axe heading into the sierra mid june.

last year was a heavy snow year. i left km on june 24th and ditched my
axe at independence, having not needed it up to that point. i did not
regret my decision, and was fine with just my trekking poles.

this year is a much lower snow year, probably the lowest in recent memory.

ymmv!

girlscout