[pct-l] ''Ode Coyote''....aka ''Squid''

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Mon Apr 9 05:17:45 CDT 2007

Hi Gang,
Just to let you know I met ''Ode Coyote'' again.
One or two days before or after Christmas, walking home  after a hike along
the beach in San Diego,I saw an older hiker with a  backpack hiking in the
opposite direction I was going.  As we were approaching each other I thought
it was ''Billy Goat'' but then realized it was ''Ode Coyote''. We chatted
for an extended period of time and then he went on his way expecting to
reach the boarder in 2 days.
After that he was going to go to Catalina Island for a week or two and then
to the Big Sur area to do a section that he skipped on his SOBO  Coastal
Trail hike and complete his second Coastal Tail.
He was looking good, looked well fed and was in good spirit.
I intended to post this back then, but with holiday company and a ski trip
right afterwards and trashing my shoulder and surgery it fell through the
crack.

JMT Reinhold