[pct-l] Cold weather layer for High Sierras/Washington State

Rachael Howard rachaelmw at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 00:33:46 CDT 2007

Hi all,

Right now my layering system consists of a wool tee shirt, a wool longsleeve
thermal top, and a windshirt/thermal layer.  I think this should be okay for
the majority of the trip, but I'm worried about the weather in the High
Sierra (I should arrive the second week of June) as well as cold weather in
Washington state.  I was wondering if I should also take an ultralight down
jacket - something from Western Mountaineering - or if a down vest will do.
Any suggestions?

-Rachael