[pct-l] Extra water caches needed on section A

Gary Wright gwtmp01 at mac.com
Sat Apr 7 12:14:41 CDT 2007

On Apr 7, 2007, at 10:42 AM, roni h wrote:

> It seems this is going to be an extremaly dry year in soutern
> California, which means many of the usual water sources would
> possibly be dry by hiker season.

Perhaps some compilation of known water sources that are within a
couple miles of the trail
would be a good idea also.  If the choice is to do a two to four mile
side hike to get water or
to carry water for an extra 10-15 miles, I'd take the side hike.

I'm not familiar enough with the surrounding area to know if there
are such water sources
that could serve in this dry year.

I was using google Earth to 'scout' around Golden Oak Springs and
there are several other
'springs' in the area.  Perhaps a scouting expedition could be
assembled to investigate
and flag a route to one or more of these alternate sources.

There are a lot of windmills in the area around Golden Oak.  Are
there any maintenance
facilities that might have water like the one in the Mesa Wind Farm
near I-10?

Gary Wright (Radar)