[pct-l] dirty girls gaiters

rtjhunt at comcast.net rtjhunt at comcast.net
Wed Apr 4 08:33:10 CDT 2007

Janet,

I had the same problem so what I did was use two small pieces of duct tape after cleaning off the back of the shoe. one piece would go on the back of the gaiter and the other piece would be used to tape down that piece onto the shoe.

This year I put on the velcro to the shoe and used a 1/2" staple along the bottom of the velcro.  I may also frame the velcro on the shoe with duct tape since it begins to wear off on the edges.  When you unpeel the velcro, you should brace the shoe velcro to minimize pressure on it.  Another thought would be to keep the gaiter attached to the shoe and not repeatedly peel it off.  Finally, you could have a shoe repairer stitch the velcro on to the back of the shoe.

I am hoping all of this works because they sure keep the dirt out of your socks and feet;

Hoov

--
We're all about results! As of January 2007, Room to Read-- www.roomtoread.org -- has opened over 3,600 libraries with 2.8 million books. We now have 2,336 girls on long-term scholarships and have opened 287 schools. Our Founder, John Wood, has a book - Leaving Microsoft to Change the World - which is now in bookstores. Help spread the word, or request a free copy of Chapter 1, by clicking: www.leavingmicrosoftbook.com. If you donate, tell them “Hoov” sent you.

From: "Janet Grossman" <janetgr at cableone.net>