[pct-l] Which hitch to Mojave?

jeff.singewald at comcast.net jeff.singewald at comcast.net
Tue Apr 3 23:28:28 CDT 2007

Another perspective from a 2006 thru-hiker...  I found it more to my liking to hike thru to Highway 58 and found no problems in catching a hitch to Tehachapi.  Took less than 5 minutes!  My reason for going to 58 was to minimize the distance that I needed to carry the resupply I had to make it thru to KM.  Additionally, I was able to start the climb up from 58 nice and fresh!  I would also consider going to Tehachapi rather than to Mojave.  Yes, Mojave is more compact, however, there are several motels in Tehachapi that will accept your resupply free of charge and are reasonably priced and within easy walking distance of the Kmart, Albertsons, and a hardware store.  Sure the PO is a long walk, but there is no need if you send your resupply to the motel or if you resupply in town.  Additionally, there is a trail angel that offers rides from Tehachapi back to the trailhead at Cameron Road.  In my opinion, Tehachapi has more character than the roadside "pit" stop you will find in Moja
ve.

elevator

From: Gary Wright <gwtmp01 at mac.com>