[pct-l] Yogi's PCT Book in PDF

Jon Danniken danniken at comcast.net
Sun Apr 1 15:34:23 CDT 2007

----- Original Message -----
From: "Pea Hicks" <phix at optigan.com>

> ok, and you're trying to introduce some concepts of self-reliance to
> people who have not attempted to be self-reliant before. so why should we
> listen to you?

My point is that the great thing about the PCT is that it stands on it's own
as a wild trail.  Unlike the AT, which is packed by people who have no
problem cramming together in "shelters" or hiking on pavement, the PCT, at
least when I "discovered" it, was still relatively "wild".

There are those here, however, who see the PCT as a blank canvas, and like a
real estate developer, only want to impose their own vision of backpacking
on it, complete with "parties" and "introductions to hiking" or whatever
vanity/profit driven motivation they have.

Social structures attract people, and it is for this reason alone that I
detest those who seek to impose them on the PCT.

My statement is clear: leave the PCT alone for those who want to hike it on
their own in peace.

DON'T "AT" THE PCT - JUST LET IT BE!  (yes it's corny)

Jon