[pct-l] Ray Day Start

bharve at dslextreme.com bharve at dslextreme.com
Tue Oct 31 22:35:47 CST 2006

Thanks to Jeffrey Olson for a thoughtful post.  It was so thoughtful and
well done that I've wondered if one spot correctly communicated what was
intended:

>...The firm date of the kick-off
> doesn't help those wanting to meet other hikers and learn from those
> who've passed before.  It's based on "Ray-Day."

I expect the kickoff date is partly (maybe even mainly) based of
"Ray-Day".  By occurring on a firm date communicated well in advance, all
who want to attend can calendar it.  To me, that does help those who want
to meet other hikers and learn from ones who passed before.  Having been
to kickoffs, I found abundant chance to meet other hikers and learn from
old salts.

So, a contrary view, if I read the particular part of the post correctly.
My thanks to the organizers.