[pct-l] Skill Sets

Adam Bradley tooloouk79852 at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 19 15:01:16 CDT 2006

Like sleeping in a shelter your not supposed too?  I
only note that as I thought it was clearly stated that
there was to be no overnighting in Muir Hut.  Of
course I could care less if you where free thinking
out there in the Sierra Sly.

Glissading is fun and is the fastest way down.
Entering the backcountry in itself could be dangerous,
I don't believe glissading is any more dangerous then
anything else you might encounter in the sierra.

PCT method of hanging, be careful.  I almost lost some
food one day north of Ebbets Pass.  I believe there
are several important caveats about the PCT method, I
experienced it this year.