[pct-l] CD-ROMS: yea or nay?

matt maxon matt at mattmaxon.com
Mon Oct 9 16:32:07 CDT 2006

You gotta go to the PCTCATN (Pacific Crest Trail Corporation for
Assigned Trail Names) to get a trail name...

Just kidding!

You don't "need" a trail name, you mignht pick it or people might start
calling you something or other....

I chose "Trail90" because I am a section hiker and used a honda trail90
motorcycle as my shuttle vehicle.

Maps are dead weight until you need them, I think many thru hikers just
tear up the guide book and have the various segments they need with
them, keping the remainder in their float box.

Cheers
Trail90