[pct-l] CD-ROMS: yea or nay?

Megan S thecrowscanseeyou at gmail.com
Mon Oct 9 16:16:52 CDT 2006

Hello,
I'm a PCT n00b in the very earliest stages of planning.  I know the 3
guides, the databook and Yogi's guides are all super helpful when planning
but what about the CD-ROMs available from the PCTA?  Are they worth the
extra investment?  Do they replace any of the existing literature?  Do they
compliment in a way one of the other five don't?  Is it worth it to print
off my own maps for the different sections?
Any input from the PCT hive mind would be greatly appreciated.
Also, I have one more extremely n00bish question:  What is up with the trail
names?  How does one get one?  Do you pick your own or is it assigned?

Thanks for the answers all!
Megan