[pct-l] Marcie and Ken Powers

Marge Prothman marge at prothman.org
Fri Oct 6 11:10:31 CDT 2006

What a treat we had in Hailey, Idaho last night.  I picked up the MONK at
the blinking lite and drove the 45 miles to the Hailey Community Campus
where Marcie and Ken Powers gave their presentation and Slideshow on the
American Discovery Trail.  We do not see many long distance hikers and it
was great to listen and travel along with them. The audience popped out a
few surprises also, one young man who had heard about them while he was on
duty in Afghanistan was there (I would say Marcie and Kens fame is really
world wide now) Also Jeff Smull 1978 PCT through hiker along with another
couple who hiked the CDT a year ago as well as several people who I did not
know who have hiked the PCT..

The last time I went to hear someone talk was a few years ago and these two
young fellows had hiked the CDT and sitting right behind me in the "Saloon"
audience was Jonathan Ley.

Thanks to Marcie and Ken for coming to Idaho, it is always marvelous to see
them, especially looking so fit.

Cheers,

Marge (the old gal)