[pct-l] 2-3 month section hike planning help

Phil Baily pbaily at webuniverse.net
Tue Nov 7 17:09:37 CST 2006

Another thought:

Go North to South and end with the John Muir Trail in August. Unless
it is a high snow winter, it should be snow free and a spectacular
walk. You can get your hiking legs on the further north part of the
PCT, Sections M, L, K, J, and I increase in difficulty roughly in
that order. You can start wherever you think time allows.

I have not walked further north in California. The PCT in Oregon is
comparatively easy walking and you might also  consider that.

Pieces