[pct-l] Hitching - santiam vs mcKenzie

Jeffrey Olson jolson at olc.edu
Mon Jul 31 21:02:15 CDT 2006

I hitched down into Sisters from Santiam pass in 1994 when my food
disappeared from the Youth Camp, and last summer.  I stood on the car
width shoulder as cars whizzed by at 65 mph.  Lots of traffic, and I
waited only 15 minutes.  If you don't mind the less than ideal
hitchhiking conditions - cars going fast in close proximity - I would
hitch there rather than McKenzie, which has far less traffic - more rv
types...

Jeff, just Jeff...