[pct-l] PCT and the World

Deems losthiker at sisqtel.net
Thu Jul 27 18:58:04 CDT 2006

I can justify going for a hike simply because it refreshes my spirit and
makes me feel alive! It's selfish, and  it's a gift I give myself, often. On
the trail, I leave the complicated world behind. In time, the world will get
better, how can it get worse? Life is short, hike long, camp, drink fresh
waters, marvel at the stars, watch the sun rise and set, and be happy within
yourself. Your priorities are what you make them, and keep them simple. Why
wrestle with it, go for a hike..it's the rest of the crazy world that has
misplaced priorities...
I must admit that with so many  people in the world wanting to kill us, it
makes me feel a little weird hiking  and planning trips.  I feel a little
decadent or may be like I have  misplaced priorities.  But I guess that is
what the
trail is for.  To  let us get away and refocus our lives and perspectives.
just don't  know.  I am still wrestling with this.

Your hiking buddy,  Switchback
Slime Ball Hippie Hiker  Trash