[pct-l] - Mt. Whitney Expedition

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Mon Jul 24 17:00:19 CDT 2006

_reinholdmetzger at cox.net_ (mailto:reinholdmetzger at cox.net)   writes:

What for,   there is more water at either location  than a camel could drink.
Why don't you stay overnight on top of Mt. Whitney then you  can see both the
sun set & sun rise unless you and AsAbat still can't  handle 5 days in the
wilderness without a hot  tub.

I like the idea of hiding water in  the rocks.  It sounds cool.  I might stay
on top for the sunset and  sunrise, but the main goal is the sunrise.  Wow.

Yes, AsABat and I must have a hot  tube in striking distance.  Mine will be
at the Dow Motel in Lone  Pine.  I was in it twice in June.  Very nice.  You
have to tell  the lady at the front desk to turn on the bubble machine.  The
pool area is  open 24-hours now at the Dow.

The Mt. Whitney hike is perfect for  me.  At any time I can turn around and
be back at the Portal Parking lot in  several hours.  Neat.  From alpine thin
air to hot tube in one  push.

Switchback the Tourist  Mountaineer