[pct-l] OC Weekly Columnist calls us dirty hippies!

shane wohlken darkbodhi at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 22 14:08:46 CDT 2006

Reminds me of a fun moment after my girlfriend
and I got off the trail.  We put together a slide
presentation of our trip and went around the
local area giving talks.  We were invited to give
our talk at a very upscale (read: ivy
league-like) high school.  The talk went very
well, and all of the kids seemed interested and
had many questions.  A few days later, we ran
into the teacher who had invited us and we asked
him what the kids thought of the presentation.
"They loved it!" he said, "But I kept hearing
throughout the hallways how two hippies came to
give a talk."  Hippies!?  I don't have a problem
being labeled as such, per se, but we are as far
away from being hippies as we could be!  Needless
to say, we both got a very big laugh out of the
whole thing.

Shane (The Gimp) and Miriam (Zed)
PCT 2005