[pct-l] Thru Hiker Beer Conversation

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Mon Jul 10 18:39:56 CDT 2006

A  typical conversation in the local hiker saloon with thru hikers that have
been  on the trail a little too long and not had a Zero day:
First  Hiker, Gorp: “You know folks, when I read about the evils of drinking,
I gave up  reading.”
Second  Hiker, Yo-Yo: “Also, consider that there are 24 hours in a day and 24
beers in a  case.  Coincidence?  I think not.”
Third  Hiker, Flip-Flop: “Let me see if I have this right.  When we drink
beer, we get drunk.  When we get drunk, we fall asleep.  When we fall asleep, we
commit no  sin.  When we commit no sin, we go  to heaven.  So, let's all get
drunk  and go to heaven!”
Fourth  Hiker, Crusty: “Don’t forget Flip-Flop, that beer has been helping
ugly people  have sex since 3000 B.C.”
Fifth  Hiker, Gizmo: “Without question, the greatest invention in the history
of  mankind is beer.  Oh, I grant you  that the wheel was also a fine
invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as  well with hot pizza and saloon
wenches.”
Sixth  Hiker (who just drove up to the saloon in his SUV and joined in the
conversation), Switchback: “Remember "I" before "E," except in Budweiser.
Wench!  Another round of beer and hot pizza for  my trail buddies.”

Your  hiking buddy, Switchback
The  Trail Pirate and Class of 2013
P.S.  My thanks for these modified quotes to Paul Hornung, H. L. Mencken,
George Bernard Shaw, WC Fields, Dave  Barry, Professor Irwin Corey.