[pct-l] mail at Burney Falls

Shelly Culbertson shelly.culbertson at gmail.com
Sun Jul 9 12:59:35 CDT 2006

I just spoke with Michelle, who told me that Scott Williamson arrived at
Burney Falls last night and picked up his items at the State Park store
there this morning.  Hikers receiving mail there may wish to be aware that,
in addition to the $5 holding fee they require to deliver a resupply box,
they are also expecting payment of $2.50 per piece for letters and
postcards.  This seems rather opportunistic and inappropriate for small mail
pieces.  Perhaps if hikers resist paying this additional amount for letter
mail (as Scott did), the store will reconsider the policy.

Shelly