[pct-l] Mt. Whitney & Mars Expedition

hiker97 at aol.com hiker97 at aol.com
Sat Jul 8 03:12:19 CDT 2006

Sparky wrote: It is an urban legend, but it was true in 2003. I saw it then at Horseshoe Meadow and Rock Creek. It was incredibly bright, almost hard to look at. For some reason this info has been circulating again.
If this is not true, then I say we set up a scam.  We charge people to go to the top to see Mars.  I think about $50 each would be cool.  Then hope that there are clouds.  Or we could disappear somewhere along the way and go back down to the Portal parking lot for the get-away.  Abandon clients high on the mountain after we have collected their fees.  Neat.  In the best pirate tradition.

Hey, I saw the new movie Pirates of the Caribbean.  I like it.  It has lots of good ideas for trail use.  I am glad to see everyone get on the pirate bandwagon.  Of course, yours truly has been out in front of this trend for sometime.

Switchback
Conqueror of Mt. Whitney ...... Portal Parking Lot