[pct-l] Hang a Cannister?

AsABat AsABat at 4Jeffrey.Net
Sat Dec 30 12:50:52 CST 2006

Hanging a bear can or leaving it in a stuff sack gives the bear
something to grab and run off with the can. They should not be left in
stuff sacks or anything else but just left in the ground. Put it in a
low depression or a thicket and not on the edge of a cliff! I like to
have mine where I can see it at night in case of a disturbance, but
that's more a factor of remembering the days of having to defend hung
food.

BTW, the branch that was used as a model for the drawings that show how
to counterbalance food bags was chewed off by a bear several years ago,
and is now longer available for hanging food from. <GRIN>

AsABat