[pct-l] A few quick questions- Scott's comment

stillroaming pct at delnorteresort.com
Fri Dec 29 00:59:51 CST 2006

So far we've had 2 folks claiming to work in Yosemite and now a volunteer
ranger touting the evils of not carrying a bear can. Good work, you're doing
your job.

As I said before and have always said, "I would never recommend someone
sleeping with their food."

One thing is certain, the informed are clearly out of touch. I would ask the
self identified experts this one simple question, "Are you aware how many
people pass through bear country without a canister?" Bonus question: "Are
you living on the friggin' moon?"

If you're trying to intimidate me into promoting the currently popular
agenda by ignoring the reality of what actually goes on out there, you are
failing miserably.

Scott

"As a hiker, you have to do what works for you and be responsible for that
decision."

Glad that you feel that way, Scott.  I'm wondering if a you are willing to
let a jury consider that your posts encouraged inexperienced people to go
without bear protection, putting their food and their lives at risk?

I, at least, am a volunteer wilderness ranger working in bear country that
would be happy to testify as to the ridiculous recklessness of your
advice.

And the good news is, that this post, with this offer, will be searchable
and findable by anyone harmed by a bear, for the remainder of your natural
life.

Glad you take responsibility, Scott.
<<<<