[pct-l] Drakesbad.................Chester

Randy Forsland randy_forsland at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 28 15:09:10 CST 2006

I guess every situation is a little different. I stayed at the Timber Lodge
Inn in 2003 and had a great time. The folks at the Timber Lodge restaurant
were very nice and came by after my meal to chat about the trail. I was
invited back that night for a private going away party for one of their
employees and had a wonderful  time. I was hitching out the next day with
Yucca and French Fry and one of the locals went above and beyond for us.
here is an excerpt from their jounal:

"We slept in late. Redwood, another thru-hiker, was trying to hitchhike out
of town at the same time as us. He got a ride from a woman and her daughter
in a jeep. They didn't have room for us, but they drove the eight miles and
then came back to pick us up and take us to the trail, too. That was really
nice for them to go so far out of their way."

I'm sure every town has its characters and grumps, but I wouldn't let that
affect my opinion about a whole town...it was a very nice place...

Redwood