[pct-l] Drakesbad info for PCT hikers

yogi yogihikes at sbcglobal.net
Thu Dec 28 12:10:49 CST 2006

I received a nice christmas email from Billie & Ed,
who are the hosts at Drakesbad.  They wanted me to
pass along to all future hikers that PCT hikers are
welcome at Drakesbad.  Here's a little bit of
information about Drakesbad:

Drakesbad is at PCT mile 1353

email:  billie at goldrush.com
website:  www.drakesbad.com
phone: 530-529-1512 Ext 120

Full meal service at great discount (extra large PCT
portions).
Massage therapist on staff.
NPS campground on the PCT trail 1/4 mile from resort.
Hot spring swimming pool.

Drakesbad accepts hiker packages, but only one hiker
took advantage of this service in 2006!  Drakesbad is
the perfect place to pick up a package — it’s right on
the trail, and the pool/meals are too good to pass up.
 You’ll probably go to Drakesbad, so you might as well
lighten your load and get a package here.  Billie and
Ed say that UPS, FedEx, and the USPS all are fine.  No
fee to hold packages, you can pick up mail 7 days a
week from 6am to 11pm.

Mailing address:
(hiker name)
c/o Drakesbad Guest Ranch
End of Warner Valley Road
Chester, CA 96020

Phone: 530-529-1512, ext 120, leave message

Message from Billie and Ed: “We would love to have you
drop in and share some good conversation with us, have
a nice hot shower, a dip in the hot spring pool, a
square meal, and a cool drink. You have reached your
halfway point and it is time to celebrate. We hope to
see many of you and we wish you a safe and joyful
journey.”

yogi
www.pcthandbook.com