[pct-l] Scott responds to attacks from JON and RANDY

Reinhold Metzger reinholdmetzger at cox.net
Mon Dec 25 20:02:07 CST 2006

12-20-06 Jon wrote.........It's funny how other people who feel the same way
haven't  felt the need to have their hikes covered by the New York Times,
among others.
I guess you got some good publicity for your '' workshops'', though.

Jon, you are way off base here and are causing me to reluctantly reemerge
from my usual customary ''Lurker'' status.
What makes you think that Scott felt the need to have his hike covered by
the New York Times, or any of the other publications?
The San Diego Union for instance, which probably had the best coverage of
Scott with it's Nov. 28-06 front page headline coverage and its follow up
article on Dec. 2-06 in the sports section, was not solicited by Scott to
cover his hike anymore than they were solicited by me to cover my 2003 JMT
hike.    They were ''TIPPED''  off, which is the usual case.

How do I know?............I  ''TIPPED'' them off about Scott..........that
is how I know.

Had I not called Ed Ziearelski, sports writer at the San Diego Union and
made him aware of Scott's historic accomplishment, there would not have been
any San Diego Union coverage.
Scott had nothing to do with it.
Jon,  I think you owe Scott a big apology.   For once, do the right thing
and apologize.
Hope to meet you on the trail some day so we can share a bottle of Golden
Rose sweet wine to wash away the sour grapes you seem to be experiencing.

So there, I feel much better now and will retread to my usual customary
''LURKER'' status until further provoked by Jon.

JMT Reinhold
The ''Lurker'' and sweet wine connoisseur