[pct-l] Whores and the Tahquitz Inn

Jack Coughlin atspaceman at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 24 18:15:36 CST 2006

Andrea wrote "Everyone raves about the Saufley's and seem to behave themselves in So. Cal. but the further north they get.....??"

  Obviously the incident at the Tahquitz Inn shows that it happens down south too.

  i haven't visited your places so I can't give specifics but,

  As far as the Saufley rave: Aqua Dulce is relatively early in the hike so the mentality of "I am
  hiker hear me roar" has yet to set in plus it's in the middle of a brutal section of desert hiking
  that will humble most anyone, coupled with the generosity of the Saufleys.   In short a
  unique combination of circumstances that make it so special . You could probably offer the
  exact same hospitality at your place and not get the same response.

  Just curious but have you ever had a problem with a southbound hiker?

  Jack