[pct-l] Payback in the Canyon

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Sat Dec 23 05:13:37 CST 2006

Yogi writes:

aaaahhhhhh...........Switchback.............from what
I hear, you  will be out-numbered on your Grand Canyon
trip by several  Terminator-Leadership-Female-Types.

Are you prepared?
Can you handle  it?
Will you return to society a changed man?
I wish you had not said that.   I had not even thought about that
possibility.  Now I have two things to  worry about.  First, getting out of the Grand
Canyon.  I know I can  hike DOWN to Phantom Ranch.  Second, payback and ambush by
 Terminator-Leadership Female types.  There is so much time for them to plan
and so much time for me to worry.  I am thinking they will do something to
make sure I cannot get out of the canyon.  Like hide my water containers,  or
footwear, or leave me with the Phantom Ranch bill, so I have to work it off
busing tables for hungry hikers and rowdy tourists.

The last one is what really bothers  me.  Working at an eatery sounds like
real work :-) and Trail Pirates don't  like that.  We are into trailtown sacking
and plundering.  Anyway,  MeadowsEd promised me he would get me back up out
of the Canyon if I went on the  expedition.

Switchback the Trail  Pirate
Ranch Go-fer and Bus  Boy