[pct-l] Attack on Scott and Tahquitz

montypct montypct at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 13:01:25 CST 2006

Attack on Scott and trouble at Tahquitz?

I see it as the same issue.  Only takes one or two to make all the hikers
look bad.  If I were a new hiker to this list to gather info to help me on a
future thru-hike (gather info from an outside source????!!!) I would get a
pretty bad impression of the list and possibility a slanted negative
impression of PCT hikers.

Feeding the homeless there was a "psychologically challenged" individual in
line.  When he came to the creamed spinach he let out in a loud voice "I
hate creamed spinach!!".  He just stood there and continued complaining
about creamed spinach in a loud voice.  Just about everyone around him, the
volunteers and the homeless got a really bad feeling............ stuck with
feeling yucky.  This was the only bad attitude in well over 100 homeless
that day.  ALL others who didn't want creamed spinach just moved on.  Many
were very grateful.  Still some of the volunteers got a bad impression of
the homeless in general where, I have learned, most are relatively good
people, and some of the souls priceless.  (Some kind of live and smell like
thru-hikers too.)

I think my responding to this issue is kind of like feeding a dead horse.  I
just changed my email address and hadn't made my adjustments for "Peace on
Earth and Good Will Toward Men" as some still live "In sin and error,
pining".  "Forgive them, for they know not what they do."

The adjustment?  Works.  delete....delete....delete........ BLOCK SENDER
brings wonderful results.  "I may not agree with what you say, but I will
defend to the death" my right not to listen.  If you are the guy with the
creamed spinach you are free to block my address also...........

Take what you want and disregard the rest please.

Scott?  Cool.  Great inspiration to hikers and many, many others.  I was
there at the border when he said the words he was quoted on by the media:
...... "Follow your dreams."  I intend to.

Best of  luck on your workshops and a very happy marriage.

Merry Christmas

Warner Springs Monty