[pct-l] Section A Questions

Mike Saenz msaenz at mve-architects.com
Mon Dec 11 10:53:45 CST 2006

Monte sez "dress warm".

This is not an understatement.

I forget the term, but it's something like "Catabatic", a
topographical/meteorological condition which creates very cold temps.
Between the monument and Mt Laguna is "perfect storm" of the conditions
which cause this phenomenon.

I don't think most of the PCT hikers experience this during April and
May. It's full force in Late December and January.

But once you get past Mt Laguna and begin descending into The Borego,
the winter conditions in the desert are downright wonderful!

Enjoy!

Michael  Saenz
Associate Partner

MVE & Partners, Inc. | Architecture + Planning + Interiors
Irvine + Oakland + Honolulu

1900 Main Street, Suite 800 | Irvine, California 92614-7318 | T
949.809.3388 | www.mve-architects.com