[pct-l] Section A Questions

Monty Tam metam01 at earthlink.net
Sat Dec 9 20:57:32 CST 2006

> Does anyone have information on the following sources?

Specifically on these:
> Third Gate Cache-Has almost 50 gallons of water.
> Lucky Five is no more-It's been replaced by the New Sunrise Trailhead one
mile north which has water year round.(off the trail a little)
> Pioneer Mail Trailhead-  Water was flowing out of the faucet a week ago
tuesday.
> Rodriguez spur truck trail tank----Is always about full of great water
> Burnt Rancheria drinking fountain  was on November 11th.

You can get more detail on the water sources and conditions, which are
pretty well updated right now, at
www.4jeffrey.net .

Warner Springs parking- My favorite place is across from the Forest Service
Fire Station a few yards north of where the PCT crosses HWY 79 on the south
end of town.

Campo. -  I found a place across the street from the INS station.  Nice
little patch of ground.

Both parking suggestions are within eyesight of government employees, some
of which carry guns.

Dress warm

Warner Springs Monty

PS if you could keep track of the water conditions the days you are there
and post them to this list it would they would get posted at the 4jeffrey
site and help the next hikers.