[pct-l] If lost, and if at possible, stay out of canyons

David dajada at gmail.com
Fri Dec 8 13:05:00 CST 2006

I don't know the answers to all these questions but I can say that it
being reported that the map they were using showed this road being
more "major" than it was and listed it as a scenic byway.  When they
attempted to turn around they decended a road that was supposed to be
gated and locked for the season but vandals had broken the lock.  IMHO
the vandals should be put up on charges if they could be found.  It
sounds like they chose that road rather than the busier one because it
decended out of the snow and appeared on the map as a possible option.
 It doesn't sound like the "busier" road had traffic on it either.  I
also don't believe he was taking off articles of clothing but rather
carrying extra clothing to mark his path.  It is being reported that
some of the clothing was his daughters and he was also using paper.

David D.