[pct-l] the whole truth

Adam Bradley tooloouk79852 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 5 21:13:58 CST 2006

Hello Yogi,
  Listo del Norte (or Adam soon to be monster truck in
spanish) here.  I don't really consider any of my
posts to be personal attacks on you.  This is a great
response as I have saved all these as well.  However
you didn't speak to corrections like the "bermuda
triangle" or ramona falls to name just a few.  Are
these corrected in your current guidebook your selling
now?  If not does the book come with the black marker
you so highly recommend to ammend all of the
corrections one must make if they foolishly purchase
your book in advance hoping to prepare for a pct thru
hike?  Also this was a reply to sly not you.  I will
tell you one thing you wouldn't last 10 seconds as a
rafting guide, need tough skin to handle all the
ribbing.  I felt as far as running into you at ALDHA
you where avoiding contact due to over reacting to a
customer of yours.  I will stand by my judgment that
you have poor customer service skills and I know this
to be true as I am not the first to comment on them.
Just maybe the first to speak publicly about it.  You
don't have much backbone yogi.  I can remember a
friend of mine who I don't think was the best guide
berating his guests saying " you people paddle like
slugs, what do you think you can just ooze down the
river?"  I find it interesting that in my version of
the book you recommend people sleep with food under
their feet or head.  Now to a person born and raised
in Alaska that is just a bunch of nonsense, but then
obviously you caved to peer pressure and took the easy
route suggesting bear barrels.  To a thru hiker
(expert in route to jedi) like myself it seems like
you don't have it all figured out like you make out
you do.  I suggest to anyone thinking about wasting
money on this guide consider this.  Are you completely
clueless?  if the answer is yes this might be the
route to go.  If you have any wilderness skills at all
this is wasted money.  Hell, I bet you can find a old
copy and just make photo copies.  Many folks ran out
of funding on trail this year.  Some folks had trouble
paying their tabs at resturaunts or donating money to
the trail angels whose homes we stayed in along the
way.  Which I found it extremely funny that you where
so quick to pay for someones meal when so short with
someone who purchased your book.  The best planning
guide in my opinion is written by the Jardines.  Minus
all the corn pasta stuff.  Also on another note, I
have heard from some of my trail compatriots that you
think people who hike for causes are "whores"?  I have
to contact them to find refrence to this post, but
that is deeply disturbing to someone who hikes for
causes.  Of course all of these above issues will be
written about in depth and posted on my website when I
have the time.  I am crazy busy now paying bills and
preparing for another crossing from the cortez to the
pacific through the sierra la laguna.  I am planning
another thru hike for 2007 and benefit for the trail I
will be hiking.  I am making a presentation of my 2006
thru hike.  Working 70hr weeks.  But I am not a
martyr.  This is what Listo does. A few things to
ponder.  First take a look at Trail Journals and look
up yogi's AT journals.  One look at a photo of how you
equipped yourself speaks a thousand words.  It all
clicks and makes sense now why your opinion doesn't
mean much to someone as myself.  In the copy of your
guidebook you say something about hiker behavior.
Smile say please and thank you.  What happened?
Myself, I have realized that the path I was walking
this summer I am actually on it all the time.  It is
the path of life.  I am trying to follow through, stop
and think before I react.  My behavior on trail and
off are one.  My life on trail and off are one.  Now I
have your book out and am perusing as I write this and
a flood of memories are hitting me as to all the
things that are just flat out wrong in this book.
Lastly, after the bermuda triangle I never again once
looked at the guidebook.  How did I make It?  common
sense.

listo del norte

=== message truncated ===