[pct-l] Hey all

Tortoise Tortoise73 at charter.net
Tue Dec 5 18:53:12 CST 2006

Re: DeLorme maps.
Has anyone checked the accuracy of the trail shown on the DeLorme maps.
When I did the Hat Creek Rim portion of the PCT a few years back, I took
along my GPS and recorded our actual route as traced by the GPS. When I
got back home, I loaded the trace into both DeLorme and NG Topo!.
DeLorme was way off, so far as to be misleading.

IMHO, one thing worse than no map is a map that is way off.

Tortoise

<> He who finishes last, wins! <>