[pct-l] BearVault

Hiker97 at aol.com Hiker97 at aol.com
Tue Aug 29 22:58:43 CDT 2006

I have an older  model BearVault Solo I am taking on my Mt. Whitney
expedition next  week.  I think it is okay and approved for the trail.

I notice I must be getting weaker  because I had trouble opening the lid as I
was preparing my pack this  week.  So, I just went out to the garage and took
a chisel and hammer and  applied some friendly persuasion to the lid notch.

Now it opens easily.  But you  still have to apply some pressure to the lid
notch to unscrew it.  So, I  think a bear still would have trouble getting into
it.  I did not know if  others might have had that problem too.

Your hiking buddy,  Switchback
Typical Male Trouble  Shooter